Steph gets physicscal

Leave a Comment
So I come over for Ili's thirteenth birthday, and of course I'm the highlight of the party. I breeze in effortlessly and hand the birthday girl exactly what she wanted. Everyone ohed and ahed when she opened her gift and saw the most exquisite pair of socks that they have ever seen. You see... people love me so much; I come over for their birthday, and they give me gifts (not this time, apparently the entire Centeno family didn't get the memo, whatever I didn't want dehydrated black beans anyway). That's what I bring to the party... eff that I am the party. BUT out of the corner of my eye, in the perfect literary contrast, there Steph sits with her dark hair, dark stained lips, and dark glowering eyes. Brooding. Bringing me down on Ili's day. This was sure to be a momentous occasion :/ It hits me that I've never seen this side of Steph before, sure she's annoying and intrusive and she wears odd clothes that always look AMAZING, but this was different. This was a whole other monster.... the homework monster, and for the first time I had caught her in her most natural habitat, hunched over a physics book, pulling out her hair. I tried to be entertaining, and charming but she was attentive and studious. I tried drama and gossip, but she was nerdy and boring. Had she really been doing homework all this time, or was this a REALLY extravagant lie. I was at a loss for words... Physics? Really? Is it possible that I have become the bestfriend worthy of a "YOU SUCK" blog? Had I really become less entertaining than the study of the motion of matter? Hey Steph, study me, I can jump... how high?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.